[MPlayer-users] SIGSEGV initializing m3jpeg32.dll, goes away with --enable-debug

Mark James mrj at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 5 12:50:02 CEST 2002

A'rpi write:

I couldn't find any description of this problem in docs, FAQ, known bugs,
or a search of list archives.

 > > Both 0.90pre5 and CVS-020803 mplayers crash initializing m3jpeg32.dll
 > > when playing MJPEG files made with a Matrox G400-TV (using either PC-VCR
 >
 > known, taht DLl cannot handle some mjpeg files
 > use another codecs, like -vc ffmjpeg

OK, thanks. The ffmjpeg codec worked.  But the fact that the Morgan Motion
codec (m3jpeg32.dll) worked when MPlayer was compiled -g, but didn't when
compiled normally suggests a problem with GCC-3.1.  Will try again when
3.2 is released.

 > currently, no one mjpeg codec which can handle _all_ mjpeg files.
 > there are about 6 dlls, all can play some files, but none of them can play
 > all and no way to autodetect which one can play which one, as all files uses
 > fourcc MJPG but all files and all codec has different bugs... so it's shit.

OK.  Personally, I haven't yet run into a codec that works for some files
but not for others.  They have either always worked or always crashed.

I appreciate your useful and prompt reply, not to mention MPlayer itself.

Mark