[MPlayer-users] mplayer WMV8 and gcc3.2 problem

Julien WAJSBERG flash at minet.net
Mon Aug 5 21:28:01 CEST 2002

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Nerijus Baliunas wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 03:49:08 +0200 Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
>
> > why should we always workaround bugs of gcc versions, nvidia drivers, etc
> > etc ? 10% of mplayer code is just workarounds for bugs of other projects.
> > enough of them... if there is a bug in gcc, let's fix it in gcc...
>
> Because there will never be an ideal world...

Since gcc 3.2 is in the developpement stage, it means you can't rely on
its current behaviour...
It also means that in a few days, noone will use this very particular
version... so why a work around ? :)

However, if the same bug is still here when it'll be release, maybe
mplayer's developpers will work around it, but for the moment, I don't see
why they would waste their time doing that :)

--
Flash