[MPlayer-users] mencoder and tv recording

Alejandro Néstor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Tue Aug 6 15:55:02 CEST 2002

Jonas Jermann dijo:
> Another examples: The sound playback (not recording) starts (from
> line in) but isn't deactivated at the end.
> An .xawtv parser would be nice too.. :)
>
> If someone of the developer is willing to work on the tv code, I
> may be willing to donate a WinTV Go PCI tv card.

Tv input seems to have many problems. One of them is it can't change the
norm when selecting composite input (it thinks tunner can't change norm
becasue there is no tunner for this input or something like this). I think
thebest way will be copying the code from xawtv. Tuner and norms works very
well in xawtv but video output is far better in mplayer. There is no need to
work again if there is a program that already wroks very well, just copy it
and go on improving instead of starting from the beginning. This is why GNU
projects will be ever better than closed ones.

--
Alejandro Néstor Vargas
anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
ICQ: 20528995.