[MPlayer-users] viewing movies connecting to TV

Gregory Kovriga gkovriga at techunix.technion.ac.il
Tue Aug 6 18:30:02 CEST 2002

Hi,
I'me used to view movies played by mplayer connecting the laptop to TV.
The problem is that TV out is 800x600 while I'm working in grater
resolution + the aspect ratio of films is usually different.
So the solution I've come to (and if anybody is interested I can send
the source):
1. start mplayer with -xy 800
2. use a utility to reparent mplayer window into a window with black
background and no decorations with stays on top/bottom (can be changed
with left/right click on the window).

This way I get the usual black background on my TV :)

If there is a simplier solution - I'll be glad to know.
If somebody interested in my solution - let me know.

CU,
Greg.