[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.90pre6 and DXR3 :-(

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 6 21:53:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> pre6> AO: [oss] 44100Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
> pre6> Start playing...
> pre6> VDec: vo config request - 448 x 288 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
> pre6> Couldn't find matching colorspace - retrying with -vop scale...
> pre6> Opening video filter: [scale]
> pre6> Sorry, selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.

can you read? yes, dxr3 cannot decode divx.
so, you have to convert divx to mpeg1. let's use a filter to do that.
for example, -vop lavc. or -vop fame. or just RTFM, tehre are many
possibilities. TFM is written to be R'd.

> Well hmmmm. What do I have to do then to compensate for the removal of fame?
removal? it's still there.
ah. the fame/mp1e hacks has been deleted from vo_dxr3, we hate duplicated
code. there are filters to do ->mpeg1 conversion, so why to hack it into the
vo driver too?

> Hope that some clever dude knows what to do....
so, everyone who RTFM is clever? would be very cool :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team