[MPlayer-users] hi - keyboard hangup

Michael Knezevic rayaken at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 7 09:19:01 CEST 2002

hi,

i have i little problem with mplayer. i would like to
create a multimedia pc for my living room. i selected
mplayer for the video software. sadly my graphic card
is not in the list of framebuffer drivers in the
kernel (i allready looked in 2.5.30) so i have to use
the vesa framebuffer driver (as far as i know) to get
the picture on the tv screen. but the vesa framebuffer
driver won't allow me to set a specific resolution ( i
have the choice of reasonable resolutions between
640x480 and 800x600). but video cds have a resolution
of around 350 x 280 or something like that. and the
-vo fbdev option won't allow me to scale the video.
during me tries i tried -vo sdl and mplayer used the
fbcon driver (some framebuffer driver i don't know
about) i got i nice scaled picture on my tv screen and
i was happy. but then i noticed that my keyboard hang
up. i tried it with the following configurations:

mplayer 0.90pre5
red hat 7.2
kernel 2.4.7-10

mplayer 0.90pre6