[MPlayer-users] Playing multiple videos at the same time

Jakub Pieczonka jakupiec at enoreo.on.ca
Thu Aug 8 07:39:01 CEST 2002

I'm interested in playing multiple video files at the same time.  I browsed the documentation as well as searched the mailing list archives, but the closest I came was a question regarding using multiple instances of mplayer to play outputs on different screens.

I actually want to play two videos side by side on the same screen.  Is this possible?  Do I need to run two instances of MPlayer?  Currently, it returns an error message that the video out device could not be initialized.  I tried several different modes (dga, xv, gl2, sdl) but none of them seemed to help.

The reason I want to play two videos side by side is so that I can easily judge the quality difference between two encodes of the same clip.  Is there a way to do this?