[MPlayer-users] Language oddities

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Aug 9 18:14:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Below is snippet from played output with -v switch.
> If I dont select -alang, it defaults to de (1), same happens if
> -alang is illegal like fi.
> Is the default defined somewhere ?
in the vob stream
mplayer defaults to the first stream it find in the file

> If not, shouldn't it default to first stream (0)
first is not always 0. i've even seen files with no steram id 0 at all
but 4, 5 and 7

> Language codes are 'funny'.
yes

> 'sv' is more like 'slovenia' or 'slovakia', correct code for
> sweden is 'se'
> Same for the danish language, correct code is 'dk' not 'da'.
> Are these also defined somewhere in the code or are they coming
> from the dvd.
from dvd, .ifo file
and even the language code<->id mapping table is buggy sometimes, nice
example is the sw ep1 dvd...

this whole dvd thingie is a big mess...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team