[MPlayer-users] Can't get crop to work

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Aug 11 23:18:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > agree. so feel free to fix it and send patch, or at least send a proper
> > bugreport...
>
> Frankly, I'm currently involved in several other open source projects, and
> mplayer is only a tangential interest for me at the moment, so I really just
> don't have time to fix your bugs for you.
>
> Considering that it was apparently immediately obvious to you and other
> developer-types here exactly why that segfault was occurring, I would also
> suggest that the initial report WAS a "proper bugreport" as after reading it
> you had enough information to locate and fix the problem.

no, you are wrong.

the sig11 is not normal, and does not occur for us.
but mplayer printed the error message some time before it crashed, and that
message contains the problem description, so we could help him.
but it has nothing with the sig11, it should not happen and should be fixed,
and we has no idea what is causing sig11 for him...

and no, it was not a proper bugreport, i don't remember seeing gdb trace
there.

it should have been exit right after printing the error message, but it
crashed in uninit, maybe some driver issue or problem of some libs being
uninitialized before exiting.

and if you are so clever guy, why don't YOU tell us where is teh bug?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team