[MPlayer-users] Re: Still can play some avi's with the xv display driver on a G400

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Aug 13 02:34:01 CEST 2002

Arpi writes:
 > yes, i could fix those bugs and send patch to x11 authors, but it has no
 > much sense, as the Xv is broken by design, missing features like triple
 > buffering and direct rendering.

Do that, this will give you good karma and you can always tell people
flaming you for an occasional RTFM that you went out of your way to
fix stuff you do not even use just to help others...  How can they
still flame you after that? ;-)

Please really do it, judging by what I know about you it will probably
just take you a few hours or less and a lot of people would greatly
benefit.  Have you patched XFree already?  Isn't this a badge of honor
for every graphics programmer?

Diego

P.S.: I'm a Matrox user, too, hint, hint ;-)