[MPlayer-users] Avi Stream not recognized in Ulead Media Captured DV-AVI

Lars Heineken Lars.Heineken at gmx.de
Tue Aug 13 17:14:02 CEST 2002

When playing an avi-file captured with ULEAD Media from a DV camcorder, I get the following message:

MPlayer 0.90pre6-3.1 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6, Stepping: 3)
Compiled with RUNTIME CPU Detection - warning, it's not optimal! To get best performance, recompile mplayer from sources with --disable-runtime-cpudetection
Reading /home/lars/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open '/home/lars/.mplayer/codecs.conf': Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 38 audio & 104 video codecs
font: can't open file: /home/lars/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file: /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Linux RTC init error: Keine Berechtigung
Using usleep() timing
Can't open input config file /home/lars/.mplayer/input.conf : Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Input config file /etc/mplayer/input.conf parsed : 50 binds

Playing Turbine2.avi
Detected AVI file format!
AVI_NI: No video stream found!

Exiting... (End of file)

The file plays well on Windows. I could upload the file (14MB) to a given adress if you are interested.

Regards,

Lars Heineken.