Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: Can't get crop to work

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 13 19:38:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:06:08AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> [..]
> an -advusers list, for the people actually RTFM and post in topic related to
> mplayer somehow. It isn't announced at the homepage, but is in the docs. As
> there are only a very few people subscribed and avg 1 posts/week it means no
> one actually RTFM. So we stay here on mplayer-users(-flames) list now.
i do sometimes even rtfm and i already found the part of advusers. however
i decided that advusers is not that interesting for me because i also
sometimes overlook things in the manual and there is as you said only 1 post
per week. so why suscribe to this list anyway ;)

apart from that i think this is the most boring thread ever. arpi is right
about the users-don't-read-the-manual-thing and the other guy (sorry, don't
remember the name right now and already deleted all the other mails) is
right about some things, too. i can share and understand both opinions.
i think mplayer is a good piece of software and i actually see this list
 as very useful and sometimes also even quite amusing.

just a little suggestion:
create a direct link to the docs and mailing list archives on the homepage
like the news, download and links - link. possibly more people will find
the docs then...

regards,
	wernfried

-> Wernfried Haas - w.haas at xover.mud.at / amnenion at xover.mud.at