[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer WMV8 and gcc3.2 problem - solved

Goetz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu Aug 15 10:28:01 CEST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 14. August 2002, 11:44:39 Uhr MET, schrieb Arpi:
> > with the help of the Mandrake compiler maintainer this problem has
> > been solved. With gcc 3.2 or 3.1.1 you need to add the compiler option
> > -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer to make the win32 dll loader work again.
> > I don't know if this is a gcc bug, maybe it's just different default
> > optimizations in the newer compilers.
> Is it enough to add to loader's Makefile, or have to compile every file with
> this option?

Hi,

I can confirm this now. I've added -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer to the
CFLAGS of loader/Makefile and the binary compiled by gcc-3.2-0.2mdk
was working fine.

> anyway gcc 2.95.x seems to have this option too, so it wouldn't hurt adding
> without version check - maybe it fixes 2.96 too :)
It didn't hurt with 2.96 either, but it was also working before
without the option. I haven't tried it with 3.0.4, but I guess the above
option can be included now without a gcc version check.

I also haven't tried it with gcc-3.2-0.3mdk that contains lots of
fixes and incompatible ABI changes, but I'll keep you informed.
--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key