[MPlayer-users] How do I Get rid of the screensaver in console mode?

Yassin Jomni grisou_75 at yahoo.se
Fri Aug 16 15:26:02 CEST 2002

Hi everybody,

I'm running mplayer on my laptop using the vesa output mode and
it's working great (Thanx for such a great outpt driver).
The only inconvinience is that the console screensaver that starts
every once in a while (really annoying when wathing movies). I havent
figured out how to disable it. I've tried a couple of stuff like:
 setterm -blank 0
 setterm -powersave off
 setterm powerdown 0

I also tryed to turn off the automatic shutdown of the TFT screen in the
BIOS. I've also recompiled the kernel (2.4.18) whith disabling "Enable
console blanking using APM" and "Enable PM at boot time"

Nothing of the above seems to work. I'd really would like to hear your
comments.... Pleeeeaaase help!!!

/Yassin

Fourth Law of Thermodynamics:  If the probability of success is not
almost one, it is damn near zero.
                -- David Ellis