[MPlayer-users] Encoding for QuickTime playback

Joe Black joe at gateway.fasti.net
Tue Aug 20 19:51:02 CEST 2002

As a simple test I decided not to worry about the sound as I have read
other posts where the sound can maybe mung the headers. After trying
your command line mencoder bitched about the lavc codec, so I supplied
the mpeg4 codec (I think it is the right one) and ran the following
command line

mencoder 1_1.vob -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vstrict:vbitrate=700:vhq:vcodec=mpeg4 -nosound -endpos 10

No luck playing on quicktime. When I make lavc use the msspeg4 codec
quicktime plays the video but I see nothing but a white screen.

Joe