[MPlayer-users] Old divx files break, MOV to MP4 problem

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Aug 20 22:09:01 CEST 2002

Hi

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 18:26, Casey King wrote:
[...]
> I've seen a couple of problems with MPlayer0.90pre6.
>
> 1. Some old opendivx bitstreams (made with flask long ago) don't play
> correctly anymore. These have always played fine (with both opendivx and
> ffmpeg) up through at least Mplayer0.90pre4. An example of what gets dumped
> out is:
[...]
> scalability not supported
-lavdopts bug=1
the problem is that opendivx set the scalabilty bit incorectly in the header,
older ffmpeg did not support parsing of the scalability header stuff so it
was just ignored, but current versions try to parse it, which fails as the
scalability header part is not there

[...]

Michael