[MPlayer-users] Yikes! Where Did That Feature Go?

Jeremy Brenner jeremy at theedge.net
Wed Aug 21 04:26:02 CEST 2002

> mplayer somefile.avi -vo dxr3 -vop lavc
>
> IIRC this is in the manual.
>
> Rich

I've noticed that with the old way it would automagikally scale videos
that were strange resolutions.. aka 637x477.  without being scaled these
vids will lock the card and you have to kill -9 mplayer and then init
the card again.  using -vop lavc,scale=640:480 will fix the issue.  And
I don't mean to be nit-picky but I would like to be able to play all
vids with the same command (especially considering settop mplayer
boxen)  I don't necessarily want to scale ALL video but just ones that
don't conform.  Also as a side question: my video seems to extend beyond
the screen of the TV.. which can be an issue with subtitles.. it seems
that the dxr3 decides where the video is placed on the TV so I was
wondering if there was a postprocessing filter that I can ADD a black
border around the video probaly 10pl or so wide to "SQUISH" the video in
a bit.. probably not the right way to go about it.. this isn't an
mplayer issue really its completely a dxr3 thing, any info would be
great. Congratulations if you've put up with me this far. Thanks in
advance for any help that anybody can give.

jeremy