[MPlayer-users] excuseme for my insistence

Krister Lagerstrom krister at kmlager.com
Fri Aug 23 00:18:01 CEST 2002

José Héctor Galimberti wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 19:02, Arpi wrote:
>     [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>     Hi,
>
>     > There are anyone that are trying the cvs version daily like me, with a
>     > slow cpu (pentium 233) like me, and have problems since a month ago with
>     > the performance?????
>     > PD: Tomorrow i will post all information of benchmarks.
>
>     you don't have to try cvs for every day, just do binary search...
>     7 (log2(60)+1) steps should be enough to find teh exact date when it gone slow
>

>     A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
>     --
>     Developer of MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu

> Please explainme again about binary search i'm realy trying to solve
> this problem, mplayer it's the only way that i have to see divx movies,
> because any other players never give me that extraordinary performance.
> Thanks.

If you have 60 different versions of MPlayer from the CVS archive, then
you try number 30. If it works, try number 45, if not try number 15.
etc...  It is like finding a person in the phonebook, start in the
middle and go back or forth depending what page you got. You don't look
on pages 1,2,3,4,5,... looking for Mr Smith, do you?

		/ Chris