[MPlayer-users] compilation time

Horváth István suti at nuk.teteny.elte.hu
Fri Aug 23 03:44:02 CEST 2002

> > > just read arpi's message that he can compile mplayer in 3 minutes on
> > > 500mhz celeron, i have 1G PIII EB, 386MB ram, but i can compile it only in
> > > 5 minutes.
> > >
> > > is this maybe i compile it with libavcodec, and gui?
> >
> > gui...
> > libavcodec was on for me, too
> > but gui eats too much gcc time, especially the embedded pixmaps and big
> > generated gtk files - gui doubles compil. time for me
>
> just checked, i have no win32 dlls on teh notebook so the whole loader/dshow
> code was disabled. it probably save big amount of time...

without gui, without win32-dll it saves me ~ 1 minute, so it takes about
4min.
but i compiled it with gcc-3.2, is it matter?

with this:
./configure --cc=gcc-3.2 --disable-win32 --disable-xanim --disable-real
--disable-mencoder --disable-libfame --disable-png --disable-jpeg
--disable-vesa

it compiles now in 3 minutes, but it is still a lot. how can i save more
time?