[MPlayer-users] I've got something today

José Héctor Galimberti jhg at conexys.com.ar
Fri Aug 23 21:19:02 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 12:47, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > This test are with the same version of cvs ffmpeg, i already downloaded
>
> pre5 has old libavcodec included
> anyway i doubt that pre5 would compile with today ffmpeg cvs - there were
> too much changes in interface... but who knows.
>
> > the wole cvs of mplayer (200 megs). Do you think that ffmpeg it's the
> > problem???
>
> it seems, at least the video decoding time changed a lot between your logs.
> and according the log it was libavcodec in both cases.
>
> hmm.
> try to experiment with -dr/-nodr and -slices/-noslices options with CVS,
> maybe one of them help.
>

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
> --
> Developer of MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu

O Thanks, really thanks the -noslices option gives the lost performance
to mplayer. Really thanks A'rpi for the best Movie Player on the planet.

I don't copy and paste the benchmarks, but the important it's the movie
the diference it's extraordinary.
Please tell me A'rpi if exist more of these almost hidden options and
tips for getting the best of the best movie player of the world.
Where is the best soft combination for compiling cvs version and get the
best?
gcc version, svgalib or fbdev (vesa framebuffer), kernel , all....

to thanks i offer myself to translate the mplayer documentation to the
spanish.