[MPlayer-users] Bug(?) report: video output image wraps on Toshiba Satellite 1805/S203

William E Hooper ehooper at princesscruises.com
Sat Aug 24 02:22:01 CEST 2002

I don't really know if this is a bug, or just me not being able to find the
right configuration options, but here it is:

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1805/S203 laptop (800 Mhz Coppermine Celleron,
Trident CyberBlade video, 13."1 flat screen) and I'm using Red Hat 7.1,
XFree86 4.1.x (I think...) with mplayer 0.90pre6.  Using the xv driver I
get the image wrapped around onto itself while the rest of screen looks OK.
When I first tried install XFree86 on this beast I played around with the X
settings because I wasn't certain what I needed to get a 1024x768 image at
full screen and often I would get the screen image wrapped around on
itself.  It turned out to be a problem with the refresh rate.  It's
supposed to be 60Hz, and I had it at several different values until I let X
do all the real work (I put the basic settings in XF86Config-4 and
everything is fine).  Is it possible that mplayer is trying to use a
refresh rate other than 60Hz?  In all of the docs I can find that mentions
refresh rate, only the parts relating to the NVidia card or the frame
buffer mention refresh rate (or vsync/hsync) but there is nothing for the
xv driver.

TIA,

Edward Hooper