[MPlayer-users] MPlayer experiences.

Zach Borgerding zborgerd at woh.rr.com
Sat Aug 24 23:02:01 CEST 2002

Hello,

  I just wanted to let you know a few things about MPlayer and my hardware.
Perhaps you will be interested in adding them to the FAQ.  I wanted to let
you know that MPlayer works very nicely with the PowerVR Kyro series cards
(with their accellerated drivers from powervr.com).  I have the Hercules 3D
Prophet 4500, and XV rendering works great.  I was doing some tests today,
and found that the www.divx.com sample files (Warcraft II trailer) produced
no noticable CPU load.  Fullscreen also works great.

  Sound also works very nicely using the "-ao sdl" flag.  I use a Turtle Beach
Santa Cruz soundcard with the www.opensound.com drivers.

  Mplayer plays everything very nicely.  It is truely the best player
available for Linux, in my opinion.  Thanks for the hard work.  Let me know
if I can do anything to help.

Zach Borgerding