[MPlayer-users] Skins only shown partially.

Dragan Colak dragan_colak at freedataflow.com
Sun Aug 25 04:08:02 CEST 2002

Hi everybody,

I'm running MPlayer 0.90pre2.2-2.95.3 on a SuSE 7.3 with KDE 2.2.1.
MPlayer used to work perfectly until a few days ago.

The problem is now that the player (or better the skin) is not displayed
correctly. It is truncated all around as if there is a limitation in
maximum skin size (I tried several skins with the same result). All the
buttons that can still be seen on the skin are displaced and don't work
anymore.

Opening a second instance of MPlayer doesn't show this problem and works
as it should after closing the faulty first instance though it doesn't like
skin changes either.

I deleted the whole content of /tmp with no effect. I created a new user
with the old user's ~/.mplayer directory and MPlayer works perfectly except
for the skin change problem.

So it thought it had something to do with my old user's home directory. But
it works perfectly (even changing skins) if I redirect MPlayer via SSH to a
remote display (other host).

So the problem is with display :0.0. I don't have any idea what it could be.
Is there some temp stuff somewhere that prevents display :0.0 from working
correctly?

I'm grateful for any hint. Thanks

Dragan