[MPlayer-users] Sound in Gnome.

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Aug 25 14:52:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 10:15:39PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
[..]
> > Too bad oss and alsa can't multiplex sounds.. So i'm unable to listen
> > mp3's while playing with quack
>
> oss driver of good cards supporting hw mixing can do that - liek sb live

i like my sb live, too. no problem with multiple playback and recording at
the same time.

> and teh commercial oss drivers (from 4front tech.) can do soft-mixing too...
> anyway the free oss drivers of the kernel are very buggy and incomplete :(
> i hope they will drop it soon and replace with alsa. alsa 0.9+ is very good.
> (but old alsa 0.5 is even worse than kernel's oss...)

hmm, alsa 0.5 works fine for me with mplayer and all the other stuff :)

> > You'll gonna answer 'buy some decent sound-card'.. Yeah.. of course..
> wonder? :)

even better: buy not only a decent sound-card, buy a decent computer ;)

regards,
	wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/