[MPlayer-users] MEncoder-bug encoding from multiple files

Pär Andersson paran213 at student.liu.se
Mon Aug 26 01:58:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, Jonas Jermann wrote:

> I reported a bugreport about mf encoding once too (segv with
> divx4/lavc). After some "research" I got it working with the
> forced '-vop scale' option. I got no answer on this (why it
> wasn't autodetected etc..) But my problem had nothing to do with
> osd afai remember. Donno, maybe it helps all the same.

That helped a lot.

mplayer \*.jpg -mf on:w=640:h=480:fps=5
- Plays fine

mencoder \*.jpg -mf on:w=640:h=480:fps=5 -ovc divx4
- Segfaults

mencoder \*.jpg -mf on:w=640:h=480:fps=5 -ovc divx4 -vop scale=640:480
- Encodes fine

Really strange. All the images are already 640x480. And I specify the
dimensions in the -mf option. So I don't really see why the -vop scale is
necessary.

This should probably be in the MEncoder docs.

Oh well.
Now I know how to make it work.
Thanks!

/Pär Andersson