[MPlayer-users] mencoder problems with jpeg files

Leonid Mamtchenkov leonid at francoudi.com
Mon Aug 26 16:54:02 CEST 2002

Dear Jonas Jermann,

Once you wrote about "Re: [MPlayer-users] mencoder problems with jpeg files":
JJ> > Writing AVI header...
JJ> > VDec: vo config request - 1398 x 730 (preferred csp: RGB 24-bit)
JJ> > Opening video filter: [flip]
JJ> > Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
JJ> > Segmentation fault
JJ> > [leonid at leonid tmp]$
JJ>
JJ> Do you read the ml?

I was not subscribed until today...

JJ> There is just now a discussion about it.

Google didn't find it, and I missed it with left-eye grep ;)
Sorry.

JJ> Did you try -vop scale?

Now that you mention.  It does not seg fault, but does not produce the
correct result either.  I will play a bit more with now, that it tries
to work :)

JJ> > What am I doing wrong?
JJ> Nothing, just RTFb ;)

Hmm...

JJ> Before reporting a bug:
JJ>     Check the manuals/manpage -> OK
JJ>     Check the manuals again -> OK
JJ> !   Read bugreports.html -> NOT OK

Didn't produce any errors with verbosity increased.  Didn't produce any
core dump.  Let me dig deeper into it...

JJ>     Check if it really is a mplayer/mencoder related question -> OK
JJ>
JJ> Optionally:
JJ>     Search through the ml archive
JJ>     Do some research for yourself and try to isolate the problem
JJ>     Fix the problem and send a patch after reading patches.txt :)

I didn't mean to report a bug... I was thinking that I was doing
something wrong or it is a well-known problem.   Now that you insist it
is a bug, I will investigate more on it, and report it properly.  Until
then, thanks and goodbye. :)

--
Best regards,
  Leonid Mamtchenkov, RHCE