[MPlayer-users] RealPlayer/RealONE + GCC v3.2

Frederic Lochon lochon at roulaise.net
Mon Aug 26 17:19:02 CEST 2002

On 26 aou, Per Wigren wrote:
> Hi!
>
> RealPlayer 8 is not compatible with GCC v3.x-compiled systems...
>
> # /opt/RealPlayer8/realplay clip.rm
> /opt/RealPlayer8/realplay: relocation error:
> /usr/opt/RealPlayer8/Codecs/cook.so.6.0: undefined symbol: atexit

I've had a similar problem. I compiled my glibc with gcc-2.95.3 which
is bugged.
If you have compiled your libc with such a gcc, that's maybe the
problem.

I add to get gcc-2.95.4 (from cvs) to correct the problem and recompile
my libc (haven't tried gcc-3)

--
L'equation de la vie est si complexe,
que croire au libre arbitre est une bonne approximation.