[MPlayer-users] MEncoder-bug encoding from multiple files

Pär Andersson paran213 at student.liu.se
Tue Aug 27 19:50:01 CEST 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Arpi wrote:

> -vop scale has a second function along scaling: colorspace conversion.
> maybe your jpegs are same size but different colorspace - maybe you don't
> even notice but teh jpg compressor changes y/uv resolution or just use
> greyscale mode for dark images to save space.
> i'm trying to workaround it in vd_ijpg but it wasn't really tested.
> i need sample jpeg sequence triggering this.

I get segfault from mencoder even if I copy a jpeg and try -mf with the
two jpegs. Since both files are identical the problem shouldn't be
colorspace, right? (With -vop scale it works)

I also tried to encode a single jpeg with -mf (without -vop scale) and
get segfault. Is that even supposed to work?

> anyway teh last gdb log you or someone showed about mencoder -mf crash was
> about the osd rendering - dunno why as that code should not be used by
> mencoder unless you render subtitles over the images.
> and it shouldn't crash even if you want osd...
> too bad that i can't reproduce it :(

I sent a full gdb in my first mail.
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-August/020001.html
I don't render any subtitles over the images.

/Pär Andersson