[MPlayer-users] playing/encoding titles from VOBs copied to hd

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Wed Aug 28 02:18:01 CEST 2002

I've been loking for this all over TFM, and couldn't find any mention.

I've got several huge VOB files and acompanying IFO file decrypted and
stored on HD. These are four episodes of a series and they are placed in
_one_ vob stream (i.e. VTS_01_?.VOB and VTS_01_0.IFO).

Mplayer has no problem playing them from DVD -- simple -dvd [1-4] works ok.
But when I want to play them from HDD all I can do is to use:

cat *.VOB | mplayer -

I have to watch four episodes in a row, or use FF to (painfully slow)
move to the next one. Not that bad after all, but when I want to encode
it with mencoder I'm screwed, because (as it was already told several
times) -ss almost never works on chapter boundaries and I don't even
want to think what it would do on title boundaries ;)

Is there a way to use the code to play DVD titles on decrypted files, like any
decent dvd->avi tool on windows does? I mean, there are needed vobs, and
ifo, it should be just the matter of changing input for DVD code.

Robert

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35