[MPlayer-users] Reverting to TITLE_KEY

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Wed Aug 28 02:50:02 CEST 2002

Is there a way to force TITLE_KEY decryption (as opposed to TITLE_KEY
cracking) on DVD?

I've got R4 ,,Dungeons and Dragons'' and it is simply resistant to
TITLE_KEY cracking. Mplayer tries to crack it and then just goes over
entire movie without success.

I've encountered this behaviour some time ago, when I tried to decrypt
R1 ,,Ghostdog'' using decssplus on windows[1] with no success.

I know that TITLE_KEY cracking is used to avoid region locks in newer
DVD drives but there are some DVDs on which it doesn't work :(

I would go through the pain of reseting DVD region counter from time to
time to watch those ``crackproof'' DVDs, but it seems there is no way to
revert to TITLE_KEY authentication...

Am I misreading TFM and there is a way to do it, or should I make it a
request for mplayer? ;)

Robert

PS. mplayer output from DND movie attached.

PPS. OK, after about half an hour mplayer managed to crack TITLE_KEY in
``DnD'' DVD. Good for him! ;) But the question still applies, since I've
went through whole ``Ghostdog'' earlier w/o success.

[1] I believe it did the same: you had to provide it with files copied
 from authenticated DVD (i.e. with all sectors unlocked) and it tried to
 crack it using ``known plaintext'' attack

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35