[MPlayer-users] audio compressor

Dominique domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Sat Aug 31 20:16:02 CEST 2002

>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>hi
>>is it possible/will it be possible to pass the audio track thru audio
>>compressor?
>>

>hmm?

compressor is somethin that compresses the audio's volume = it keeps it
within given range. Way too often sondtracks are too loud at times while
being way to low at other times. Instead of turning the volume knob a
smarter solution is a compressor. There is library (if im not mistaken
it is liba52) that does it. I have tried using it while ENCODING divx
with transcode. Works fine, but changes the original audio. I'd rather
have it as an audio output plugin you pass your audio through. Is it /
will it be possible with mplayer?

thanks
dominque