[MPlayer-users] What to do with patch?

rsnel at cube.dyndns.org rsnel at cube.dyndns.org
Sun Dec 1 00:51:02 CET 2002

Hello,

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Linards Ticmanis wrote:
> [...]
> Now what do I do with the changes? Make a diff -u and mail them to
> somebody? I'm not too great with CVS and anyway I doubt people other
> than the "usual suspects" (i.e. developers) would have write access there.
The process of getting patches into MPlayer is explained in
DOCS/tech/patches.txt. After you have read this file and have submitted
the patch to mplayer-dev-eng, the maintainer of the section to which your
patch applies will accept your patch and put in CVS or (s)he may ask for
changes in and/or clarifications on your patch. (or explain why the patch
is not necessary, has unintended side effects or whatever and will never
be applied despite your efforts)

Greetings,

Rik.

--
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.