[MPlayer-users] Re: Encoding quality advices

Rémi Guyomarch rguyom at pobox.com
Sun Dec 1 18:43:02 CET 2002

First I must say that I'm not in any way representing this
project. This is just my own thought.

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 05:38:37PM +0100, Thilo Schulz wrote:
> On Sunday 01 December 2002 16:23, Rémi Guyomarch wrote:
> > There are a few "one button" GUI ripping tools in the Win* world. You
> > should try one of them.
>
> One of the reasons why windows is STILL so common on desktops is
> THIS stupid and braindead attitude that is being reflected in the
> quoted part on the behalf of the developers and enough people who
> have aquired the necessary knowledge to fit their own needs. But
> what the open source community is about, giving everybody a nice
> usable system that they do not need to learn for hours how it works
> before they can use it, where is this ideal?

1) Did you bought some 'support' contract I didn't noticed ? Did you
wrote something for this project ? Why on earth do you think you have
the right to ask "us" to do something for you ???

2) I'm really annoyed by people who openly refuse to at least try to
understand what's going on. They just want a "one button" solution
without trying a single second to search and do a small bit of
homework. I won't wrote anything for these people.
If they want everything pre-cooked, let's them use windows. Point. (*)

> I am currently coding my own little C project, I need time to
> administrate a Linux server system and keep it secure, where, please
> tell me, is the time to work into EVERY detail of all of the
> thousands of tools I encounter in my Linux distribution? Sorry pal,
> I want to have my real life too, and not spend the rest of my life
> in front of my computer, like apparently some of you guys do ...

Why do you think I have time to do something FOR YOU ? Do you really
think I have no other desire than to serve your little needs ?

> I figured out how to get usable DVD rips after about 5 hours reading
> the mencoder tutorials, and messing around with command line options
> (2-pass encoding, 3 pass encoding .. testing all this stuff). Until
> I came up with a DivX that I liked the quality of. I can understand
> if this is too much for some people!
>
> Could ANYONE of you guys, who really know how things work here
> _please_ write

So you have at least some knowledge on this topic. And you ask US to
write something. WHY DON'T YOU WRITE THIS HOWTO YOURSELF ? You don't
want ? How selfish you are ... You see ?

(*) Oh, btw, did you notice that to do a good DVD rip on windows you
need at the very least more softwares than I could count on my two
hands ?

--
Rémi