[MPlayer-users] performance enhancing options

Christoph Straehle c.straehle at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Dec 1 20:51:02 CET 2002

hi
my System is an AthlonXP 1800 / 512DDR / kernel 2.4.19 /SbLive and should
definitly be able to play all movies smooth without stuttering.
i tweaked my dma settings to the max and use these mplayer options :
-ao alsa9 -cache 8192 -double -dr -vop pp -autoq 4 and my vo is xv on an
Nvidia Card ..... but playback isn't as smooth as it should be what's the
problem (mplayer doesn's say anything about a slow system ....) are there
more command line switches to enhance playback ?
If I rewind and play the "unsmooth" part again it always plays fine , but
whats the problem i use 8MB cache from HD ?????

thanx C. Straehle