[MPlayer-users] dvd playback problem -- css??

Marcin Cylke marcin_cylke at o2.pl
Sun Dec 1 23:07:02 CET 2002

Hello
I encountered today a serious problem while playing one of my dvds. It
is encrypted one. While opening it mplayers throws with messages like:

*** Zero check failed in ifo_read.c:625
    for pgc->zero_1 = 0x0002
*** Zero check failed in ifo_read.c:638
    for pgc->still_time = 0x01
*** Zero check fialed in ifo_read.c:639
    for pgc->pg_playback_mode = 0xb6

Which lead to this messages:

Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read
DOCS/cd-dvd.html.

and a messy output (an obvious thing).

This didn't happen befor. I've been using 0.90pre10 version without any
problems of such nature, then decided to switch to the latest cvs, but
since the errors started apearing I switched back to 0.90pre10. The
problem remained. I don't know what to do. The message seems obvious
(install libcss) but the docs say that mpdvdkit2 is better and
recomended for use with mplayer. It is compiled in so what's the
problem?

Should I send a bugreport?

Marcin Cylke