[MPlayer-users] Which file contains the subtitles?

Roger Andreassen fgrandsen at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 2 20:23:02 CET 2002

Hello folks,

sorry to barge in with such a question since I'm new here.

I usually don't use subtitles, but I'd like to read what Gerard D'ieu said
in the 'I am Dina' interview.

The files of 'I am Dina' are .ifo, .bup and .vob but the .ifo's are so small
(just kilobytes) so I decided to go for the .vob's.

'mplayer -sub 3_02.ifo -slang no 3_02.ifo' didn't give any errors, but the
DVD first revved through once and then played the clip, without subtitles of
course.

I've tried various .ifo and .bup's at the -sub entry and they all give
errors. So what's the deal, where _are_ the subtitles stored? I've read up
on how to 'render' own subs but the example didn't fit my situation
(bup/ifo/vob).

I use Slackware 8.1 and I'm compiled most things myself to docs, specs and
likings. The likings could go any minute as long as I'll get subtitles <g>.

Sorry if I seem blunt but this is the first _movie_ title I've ever tried
viewing in Linux...

Regards,

Roger Andreassen.
how's my English?