[MPlayer-users] Capture tv using mencoder but no sound

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Wed Dec 4 12:29:02 CET 2002

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:25:46 +0800 (WST)
> From: Mike Holland <myk at plug.linux.org.au>
> To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Capture tv using mencoder but no sound.
>

> Why dsp2 here but not before? Whats the difference between the "analog"
> and "digital" btaudio dsp devices?

with analog device on bt878 cards you can get only mono sound. digital device
gives you stereo, but for me analog device works very well and I can't get any
input from digital device (ATI TV Wonder VE, Mandrake 9.0, kernel 2.4.19)
any ideas?

I tried both mencoder and sox to try - analog device works, digital does not
(sox creates only 44bytes long wav with header only)

not mplayer question, but maybe some of you knows how to solve it

and one more question:

I can use mencoder with btaudio, but not mplayer (it gives always no sound,
even when parameters for -tv option are the same...) why? is it possible to
say mplayer to only copy sound from btaudio and send it to normal soundcard?
in fact I am not able to use line-in/tv card cable because all my inputs to soundcard are used....

I looked to man page of course, but none from -ao options worked for me....