[MPlayer-users] Problems with streaming Quicktime

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Dec 4 20:58:02 CET 2002

Kevin Breit wrote:
> I am using the Qt5 codec pack.  When I try to view the sherlock movie at
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/theater/sherlock.html I get the following
> console output:
>
> Connected to server: a432.g.akamai.net
> Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    Detected QuickTime/MOV file format!
> Stream not seekable!
> MOV: Cannot seek to the beginning of the Movie header (0x8)
>

> Exiting... (End of file)
>
> If there's anymore information I can give, please let me know and I'll
> see what I can provide.
>
> Thanks for your help.

That's the mov at
http://a432.g.akamai.net/5/432/51/982ec54d55f9a1/1a1a1aaa2198c627970773d80669d84574a8d80d3cb12453c02589f25382e353c32f94c32d8ef56acb3d/sherlock.mov
right?

Mplayer seems to be trying to seek to the header, but can't because it
can't seek in the stream. I don't know if this is a bug or just
not-implemented yet, but either way the movie plays fine when I download
it to my hard drive.

-Corey