[MPlayer-users] any ides how to play this?

Magne Oestlyngen ml at skybert.org
Fri Dec 6 11:16:02 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 21:11, gabor wrote:
> http://rt.sk/~gabor/starex.exe... 35MB long
[...]
> it plays on win...
>
> i was told by people at blizzard ( i sent them a mail ) that the file
> was created with the bink or smacker ( they're from www.radgametools.com
> ), but even using those tools on windows i wasn't able to convert that
> file into something useful.

You're on the right track.  Use linux to extract the SMK2 file:

Use hexedit to find where the SMK2 begins (it's at offset 0x22a20 in
that file).  Convert to decimal (echo "ibase=16;22A20" | bc) and use
dd to extract the video
(dd if=starex.exe of=starex.smk bs=141856 skip=1).
The use the radtools (binkconv) to convert it to avi.  I tried to
do the convert it with wine, but got a "fixme:avifile:AVIFileInit ():
stub!" :/
Haven't tried it under windows, but it should work. :)

--
Magne Oestlyngen