[MPlayer-users] mencoder crashes...

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Fri Dec 6 20:12:02 CET 2002

 --- Magne Oestlyngen <ml at skybert.org> a écrit : > [Automatic answer:
RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 18:28, Andre Hinrichs wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 6. Dezember 2002 10:26 schrieb Andre Hinrichs:
> > > The second pass of a DVD rip crashed mencoder with the following
> message:
> > >
> > > mencoder: ratecontrol.c:597: ff_rate_estimate_qscale: Assertion
> `pict_type
> > > == rce->new_pict_type' failed.
> > > Aborted
> > > I used the very latest CVS version (MEncoder
> CVS-021206-08:39-2.95.3)
> > > I will try the official pre releases now but that will take some
> hours...
>
> > I've tried the pre10 now and there was no problem so the bug was
> introduced
> > after pre10.
>
> If you did a 'cvs update' in the source-tree, did you remember to do
> 'make clean'?  This is a typical result of not recompiling everything
> when a
> struct changes, as have happened since pre10.

I would say : having to do systematically 'make clean' when file change
is typical of dependancy problem in Makefile. make should have detected this.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus in Matrix, chapter 15.