[MPlayer-users] Audio sync problem with mencoder and ogmmerge

Eric Potter ericp at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 7 01:16:02 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 00:21, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hi.
>
> > I tried it but it doesn't work.  That caused the opposite problem:  the
> > audio precedes the video.  Anyways, my intermediate avi file plays fine,
> > only after I use ogmmerge does the problem occur.  It looks like a bug
> > in ogmmerge.
>
> I doubt that it's a problem with ogmmerge - but I'd like to test it.
> Would you be able to upload a sample of your first VOB (about 2 or 3
> minutes so that I can reproduce the problem) somewhere? If you don't
> have that much web space I can give you a login for my FTP server so
> you can upload it directly to me.

That won't be necessary, because I have solved the problem.  It seems
that one must use "-ofps 23.976" with mencoder even in the first audio
extraction step, which I didn't do correctly the first time.  It
would be nice if mencoder could auto-detect the correct framerate for
this type of material.

p.s.  thanks for the cool software.