[MPlayer-users] Subtitles and OSD clock reseting.

Jorgen Lundman lundman at lundman.net
Sat Dec 7 11:35:02 CET 2002

Mounted an .ISO of a DVD over loopback (/mnt) and playing the .VOB files
inside, this works fine:

Extracted the subs with subvip from the .VOBs, and translated them to
English. Also went fine.

Using -vob sub-english.srt to play my new subs..

this works initially, until 03:18 into the film, for some reason, the
OSD clock resets to 00:00:00, and like wise the subtitles it plays. So
it is now off by 3:18. It only a few percentage into the first .VOB so
it isn't that it has gone over to the next .VOB file. It just resets for
some other reason. (It repeats all subs from 00:00 to 03:18, then
carries on)

I can use -subdelay 198 and the subs after the 03:18 reset play as you
would expect, since it reset fine.

I thought perhaps since mplayers own format is dynamic-time based it
would still work, but it doesn't count ticks, seems to go time_now +
offset to work out next sub, so it gets it equally wrong.

Any way to avoid the reset? Are there going to be more of them? Should I
fudge like crazy in the sub file to try to get around it?

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman at lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)