[MPlayer-users] How to use cdda:// with another CD-Rom drive and choose the track?

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri gsbarbieri at yahoo.com.br
Sun Dec 8 01:38:03 CET 2002

 --- Chris Phillips <chris at thirtythreeandathird.net> escreveu: >
[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, [iso-8859-1] Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> >    The docs lack info (and/or examples) on the use of cdda:// and
> the
> > -cdda options.
>
> no they don't.
>
> >    I have one CDRW as /dev/scd0 and one DVD as /dev/cdrom0. How do
> > access the track 2 of the CDRW? And about the DVD, how to do the
> same?
>
> rtfm... -cdda 2 -cdrom-device /dev/scd0

Ok, but you meant: mplayer cdda://2 -cdrom-device /dev/scd0

:)

> not exactly hard to guess anyway is it? :)

I was trying cdda://<device>:<track>  that was more logical IMHO. I
didn't know the -cdrom-device, my bad.

But, adding some examples like that in docs wouldn't hurt :)

Really thanks, (your response was extremely quick!)

Gustavo