[MPlayer-users] smooth looping with mplayer

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Mon Dec 9 08:01:02 CET 2002

Rich Felker writes:

<snip>
 :: > Excellent!  Even better than the -fixed-vo advice.  But this
 :: > introduces another problem.  At the beginning of each loop, after the
 :: > first run-through, "white bars" [|||||||||] get inserted in the playing
 :: > video for half a second or so.  I don't see an option to inhibit
 :: > these.  Is there a way to turn this off.
 ::
 :: Well you can use -osdlevel 0 to disable osd entirely. Apparently
 :: there's a stupid 10l bug in the osd that makes it display for a few
 :: seconds when transitioning from one movie to the next (or next loop
 :: iteration).
 ::
 :: Rich

Oops. I should have figured that out.  I saw the -osdlevel switch
but it never occurred to me that the [|||||||||] was part of the
OSD.  I think of OSD as being associated only with DVDs.  My mistake.
Anyway, sounds like a bug that needs to be fixed anyway since looping
should not, I would think, display [|||||||||] each time around.

Thanks for the help!

Dean