[MPlayer-users] Starting new threads here...

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Dec 10 01:23:02 CET 2002

Hi.

Everyone PLEASE - if you want to start a new thread here DO NOT JUST
HIT REPLY AND REMOVE THE SUBJECT!

Just in the last couple of hours gabor started a thread about "dual
audio avi question". linuxuser hit reply and changed the subject to
"possible benefit from a cluster?". Three mails later Nathan Murphy
replied to linuxuser and changed the subject into "MPlayer and
Quicktime". Pavel Bibergal also just hit reply and changed the subject
into "Mplayer and Mozilla's Plugger".

Guys, mail clients insert headers that identify the mail that you reply
to. Intelligent mail clients can show a tree view where you can see
what the sender is replying to. And if you just hit reply in order to
start a new thread you fuck this whole (very good!) idea up. It makes
your conversation harder to follow, and I'm very inclined not to answer
to such mails, although I definitly have something to say to at least
two of those topics.

Each and every mail client can be easily used to "compose" a mail, or
"create a new mail", or whatever it is called. Together with an address
book (which is often included) it's really, really easy to create good
threads.

Thanks.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)