[MPlayer-users] audio seeking bug at copying avi file

paul at theV.net paul at theV.net
Tue Dec 10 15:39:02 CET 2002

For example, if I want to split a movie.avi into two parts, I do

mencoder movie.avi -oac copy -ovc copy -ss 0 -endpos 01:05:00 -o 1st.avi
mencoder movie.avi -oac copy -ovc copy -ss 01:05:00 -o 2nd.avi

But somehow in the second line mencoder only seeks the video
but not the audio, so I ended up with a 2nd.avi file with
the full audio track starting from the beginning.

This is tested with the latest release MPlayer-0.90rc1 on Linux 2.4.19 i686

Regards,
.paul.