[MPlayer-users] Type specific sections in configuration files

Danny Poulsen danny.poulsen at email.dk
Wed Dec 11 01:10:02 CET 2002

Hi,

A short question or suggestion.
Since I get tired remembering the stuff to write whenever I watching movies
in different formats, wouldn't it be an idea to divide the mplayer.conf file
into sections like:

[DEFAULT]
quiet
autosync=30
vo=dxr3:noprebuf

[AVI]
vop=lavc=1:29.97
vo=dxr3:noprebuf:sync

Anything that would be found in default section would be default overridden
by the values in the subsections if any matches the format found in the file
to play. This way it would always just be mplayer <file> whenever the
optimal configuration had been found for a certain format.

What do you think?

/Danny