[MPlayer-users] Star Trek Nemesis trailer in WMV

Bob Lockie bjlockie at lockie.ca
Thu Dec 12 06:56:02 CET 2002

I'm trying to get this (presumably) Windows media player file to work:
http://a212.m.akastream.net/7/212/7665/v001/paramount.download.akamai.com/7665/streams/promo/nemesis_trailer_300.wmv

I got the latest code from CVS and did:
./configure --enable-gui --enable-qtx-codecs

It said and then I did make and make install.
Config files successfully generated by ./configure !

  Install prefix: /usr/local
  Data directory: /usr/local/share/mplayer
  Config direct.: /usr/local/etc/mplayer

  Byte order: Little Endian
  Optimizing for: i686 mmx mmx2 3dnow 3dnowex mtrr

  Enabled optional drivers:
    Input: streaming tv-v4l tv cdda mpdvdkit2 vcd
    Codecs: qtx divx5linux libdv xanim dshow/dmo win32 libvorbis libmad
    Audio output: alsa9 arts oss sdl mpegpes(file)
    Video output: xvidix sdl vesa gif89a jpeg png mpegpes(file) svga
xmga mga opengl dga xv x11
  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input: tv-bsdbt848 dvdnav dvdread dvdcss
    Codecs: divx4linux xvid libavcodec real liblzo
    Audio output: sgi sun dxr2 nas win32
    Video output: bl zr dxr3 dxr2 directx fbdev aa ggi

When I tried to load that file I got a dialog saying:
"Playing /root/Desktop/nemesis_trailer_300.wmv
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the
author! ===".

What did I miss?