[MPlayer-users] libSDL + ARTS detection.

Karol Pietrzak kap4020 at osfmail.isc.rit.edu
Fri Dec 13 14:47:02 CET 2002

On Friday 13 December 2002 07:23, Jukka Tastula wrote:
> > 2) It's probably a good abstarct layer between apps and sound
> > hardware.
>
> Sure, in a world where every app supports artsd.

Well, I would like it to be such that I can watch a movie/DVD using
MPlayer and hear a sound from my AIM app, a la Microsoft's DirectSound.
Hell, in Windows, I can play a Ogg/MP3 in Winamp and still play Serious
Sam with the music.

> I've never understood why anyone would want the window manager (or
> such) to make sound anyway. Useless noise.

On this I agree.  I have developed this kind phobia against the standard
Windows startup sound.

--
Karol Pietrzak <noodlez84 at earthlink.net>
PGP KeyID: 3A1446A0