[MPlayer-users] mencoder-v4l-tvcard capture audio squeal

Brian Bennett brianben2 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 16:05:02 CET 2002

I am at a loss here. I have the pre10 release and when
i use mencoder to caputer tv card all is fine. video
and audio are fine on that machine only. If I then
send that file to another machine, there is a SQUEAL
in the audio. I just dont understand.

This is the command I am using....

mencoder  -tv
on:driver=v4l:width=512:height=384:channel=11:chanlist=us-cable:no
rm=ntsc -ovc lavc -vop pp=0x20000 -vop pp=0x7f -endpos
00:01:00 -lavcopts vcodec
=mpeg4:vbitrate=200 -oac mp3lame  -o
/stuff/store/mtv.avi

I have the audio out of the tv-card into the Line-In
of my Sound Blaster Live. Any Ideas?